Friday, July 1, 2011

Post #7

I’ve been slacking on the posts, I know, and I apologize. What can I say? It happens.

I’ve been doing some thinking and I have about 4-5 posts, including this one, in mind, so there will be a bunch of posts in the next week or so. That said, here’s what I’ve got:

About six months ago I had the enlightened thought that this summer I would take the time to send messages to a number of people that I have lost touch with over the past four years. In college I did a poor job of staying connected to a number of people who have been good friends and meant a lot to me. I’m not saying I have ever known, but those people who were important and played a role in who I am.

I could drone on and on about this or that, but rather I’m talking about something that means a lot to me. I know I have been pretty bad at staying in touch with some people since I went to college, and I want to change that. There’s no way to make up for lost time, but it’s the effort that matters. I can’t decide if I need to try a carrot and stick approach with myself and whether or not that would even work. Instead, I think that I need to take the rest of this summer and be much more productive than I have been. I’ve enjoyed relaxing and enjoying my time at home, but as that comes to an end in two weeks, I’ll be right back at work. There is no time to slack and let these things slip through the cracks. I want to do this. I need to do this.

In news about my future life in Miami, I closed on a one bedroom apartment in the last 24 hours and will be living alone in a 700+ sq. ft. apartment near the Dadeland Mall in South Miami. I’m only 3 miles from school, making my commute short and easy. The biggest question I have left is what to furnish my apartment with.
I know that this is a short post, but I promise more in the coming weeks. You can blame it on the fact that I slept on the couch all week cause the A/C was broken in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment